February 21, 2008

Snow Day Cookies

Not so much Snow Day Cookies as Ice Day Cookies since there isn't a flake in sight, just freezing rain and a sheet of ice covering the roads. Whatever type of wintery precipitation it is, these cookies hit the spot!

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. granulated suger
3/4 c light brown sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. salt
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1/2 c. baking cocoa
1 t. baking soda

Reminder: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (I ALWAYS forget to preheat... my cookie baking time is always doubled because I'm a ding dong.)

Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt together in a large bowl. Then add in the eggs and beat until creamy.

Stir together flour, cocoa, and baking soda in a different bowl. Add this mixture gradually to your butter mixture. Blend well.

Now this is where you can get creative. Add whatever extra goodies your little heart desires. I had white chocolate chip and semi sweet chocolate chips on hand today. Mike requested coconut, so I sprinkled some on top after I had spooned the cookie dough on the baking sheet.

And speaking of cookie dough, someone really needs to make cookie dough ice cream with this stuff. I think I enjoyed it more than the actual baked cookie.

But if you prefer your cookies Salmonella free, you should bake them on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes. They are so good... perfect with hot chocolate on an icy day at home.

0 comments: