October 10, 2007

Cooking Misadventures

Being the baking extrordinaire that I am, I decided to make the world's best cupcakes for my pregnant friend Andi. I've made them before, so I thought it would be a breeze to do again.

Wrong!

First off, I miscalculated the strength of my mixer. We got a new one as a gift for our wedding, and boy is it strong. It's like a power drill with little whisk thingies. Anyways, I forgot how strong it was and ended up shooting sugar all over the kitchen. It was like an explosion. What a mess!

After I regrouped, I kept on my merry little baking way. I made the batter, poured it in the little cupcake things, and started to put them in the oven. I took a little taste and BLEH!

I forgot the sugar. Duh.

I had to dump it all out and make it all over again.

So my new batch is in the oven, almost done. We'll see if these turn out to be the world's best cupcakes, or yet another cooking disaster by yours truly!

1 comments:

Andi said...

Amazingly good.