January 20, 2008

Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon in the middle of a three day weekend. What could be better than bumming around the house and watching movies on tv? Cookies, of course.

I chose to make these just because I had all of the ingredients on hand and they seemed pretty
easy (would hate to do anything too strenuous on such a relaxing day...).

Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 15 cookies

**I'll post a picture later... too lazy to upload now**

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1-1/4 cup flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t salt

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Get your cookie sheets out. Don't grease them.

Cream together the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, margarine, shortening and egg in a large bowl. Once mixed together, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.

Now you can stop here and enjoy your delicious traditional peanut butter cookies.

Or you can get a little crazy; add some oats to make oatmeal peanut butter cookies. Or put in some cashews for a crunchy cookie. Or coconuts and M&ms, mmmm... I ended up adding chocolate chips, crushed up peanuts and white chocolate chips to this batch just because that's what I had on hand.

Pour your selected goodies into the dough and mix well. I didn't have exact measurements, so I just eyeballed it.

Roll your into 1-1/4 inch balls (I didn't really measure... just nice little cookie globs). Place on the cookie sheet about 3 inches apart and make a little peanut butter cookie criss-cross pattern by mashing the dough with a fork.

Bake on the top rack for 9 minutes. I have a pan full of cookies that have burny bottoms because I put them on the lower rack, so beware.

Excellent cookies for a lazy Sunday.

0 comments: