November 18, 2007

Recipe of the Week

More like recipe of the month. It's been awhile since I've tried anything new, and it's been even longer since anything new I've tried was something to write about.

So in efforts to get this recipe of the week thing kick-started again, I'm busting out one of my favorites that we use pretty much every week.

My Favorite Garlic Bread

For this, you will need:

1/2 stick of butter
3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1/2 T parsley (more or less)
1/2 loaf of French bread
Parmesan cheese

First soften your butter in the microwave. Try not to totally melt it or make it explode like I have done in the past. But even if you do, it will be okay.

Next, chop your garlic and add to the soften butter. Then add your parsley. Give everything a good stir, then spread it onto your French bread that you've cut in half long-ways. In the event that your french bread has gone moldy without you knowing it, the garlicky/parsley butter goes just as well on regular sandwich bread.

Put the bread in the oven @ 400 degrees and bake for 7-8 minutes.

Take the bread out for just a second, sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and pop it back in the oven for another 2-3 minutes until crusty. Then enjoy some of the best garlic bread ever!

2 comments:

Perri said...

Your sidenotes in your recipes are always the best. They crack me up.

Andi said...

This sounds yummy- I'm going to try this one... one day.