September 26, 2007

Recipe of the Week

For 23 years, I had gone without knowing the joy of pesto. I never tried it because it looked weird and just assumed I wouldn't like it. After finding a recipe that called for a pesto sauce, I decided to be brave and try it out. And boy am I glad I did. It has quickly become a favorite in our house... an easy peasy meal that tastes delicious!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It is made of basil, garlic, olive oil, and parmesan cheese. Tastes good but it looks gross.

Anyways, here's the recipe. It's sooo quick and easy!

Presto Pesto Chicken Pasta

4 chicken breasts
1 package of your favorite type of noodle
Jar of pesto (it's in the spaghetti sauce aisle)

So you cut up the chicken into bite size pieces. Put 2 T (give or take) of pesto right on top of the chicken pieces. Coat evenly. Throw the chicken in a pan with a little bit of olive oil and saute it until it's nice and brown, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, boil the noodles until they are al dente-ish. Drain the noodles and add in an additional 2 T of pesto in the pasta and stir, coating the noodles evenly. You can put as little or as much pesto as you want in the pasta... do it to your liking. Serve the pasta in individual bowls and add pesto chicken on top, or just mix it all together and serve. It literally takes like 20 minutes to make and is goo-oo-ood!

2 comments:

Jada said...

I'm going to try this tonight!!

MEAGAN said...

Yay! Let me know how it turns out!