August 18, 2007

Nagasaki Inn

Today we went to the Nagasaki Inn for Sam's farewell lunch. It was my first time to ever eat at a Japanese restaurant. I've always been too intimidated to eat at one... don't really know why. Anyways, Sam requested to go there so we all happily obliged. We sat at one of the hibachi grills and ate sushi and watched the teppanyaki chef (I had to look that one up) put on a show while he cooked our food. He was really talented... he could throw spatulas, spin eggs, make onion volcanoes, and crack corny jokes. The sushi was delicious and the food was some of the best Asian food I've ever had. Yum!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And if you're part of my family, you can't go to a restaurant with chopsticks without making walrus tusks!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mike must be a maniac walrus! Just look at that face!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Dad is the most serious walrus ever. Mom is looking a little vampire-ish. And Sam is staring into your soul.

And here's me a little later, where I found the most, ahem, odd shaped dog toy. I'll let your dirty little brains do the rest...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well that's all I've got. We're headed up to Bloomington tomorrow to see Sam off. 5+ hours with my family in a car should be quite interesting. I'm glad my family is so much fun!

1 comments:

Andi said...

I've never been there either, loved the tusks though. Sushi- probably not so much.