July 5, 2007

2nd Annual Stars and Stripes Spectacular Extravaganza of Joy and Joyness

To celebrate the 4th of July, we spent the day yesterday enjoying the festivities at my parents' house with lots of friends. The day will filled with many activities... swimming, a slip & slide, hillbilly golf, a costume contest, a homemade boat race and finally, a patriotic-named food theme. It was a blast! Everyone was very creative in all aspects of the day. I won the costume contest with a firework costume (woo!), but I was followed closely by a Son of Liberty dressed for the Boston Tea Party, the Declaration of Independence, the Statue of Liberty, a Homeland Security Officer and a singing, dancing troupe of kids with props and everything! Everyone also had some really cool boats and appropriately named food items (Firecracker Fajitas, Star Spangled Spuds, No Taxation Without Representation Trifle, American Revolution Cannonballs... you get the idea). And the slip & slide... there is a reason that thing was made for children. In the midst of the slipping & sliding, I banged my knee so hard that it immediately bruised and swelled up to where I couldn't bend it or walk very well, which left me with a bag of frozen okra on it for part of the day. (Today, the knee is better, but I'm pretty sure every single muscle in my body has gotten sore. I've been walking around like a really stiff zombie, getting no sympathy from others... come to think of it, they openly laughed at me). We concluded the day with a trip to Fazoli's with friends, postphoning the fireworks for tomorrow night when everyone is rested up and ready for more fun! It was the perfect way to spend a lovely 4th of July! PS- Stay tuned for some pictures, I'll be posting some as soon as my sister sends them to me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Indian and the Firework!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mike, little Sophie and Carly

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST SAY NO TO THE EVIL PIECE OF PLASTIC...IT WILL MAKE YOU HURT IN MANY PLACES!