July 23, 2007

Back to School Outreach

Yesterday was my church's annual Back to School Outreach. This was my first year to help out with it, and I got to see just how much of a difference our little church makes to our community. At the outreach, parents and their kids could come in to get free backpacks, lunchboxes, haircuts, and all the school supplies needed to start out the school year. They also found information about Hope Central (the Education Center, Food Bank and Women's Clinic our church is starting up). It was a really good day. My job was to give out supplies like pens pencils, paper, etc to each student off of their school lists. It was definitely chaotic at times, but the end result was well worth it. The kids were so proud of their new backpacks and haircuts, and most parents were very appreciative of all the help we were giving to them and their family. It was a great way to give to a wonderful cause and I can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the best time